I have received some criticism for my last blog entry. It seems a few of you think that it is beneath me to use harsh language and graphic scenes of violence in my prose. One even said I appear infantile by my guttersnipe vocabulary and story-telling.
I have to say this:
I do not write for others necessarily. I write because I have something in my heart that I feel HAS to get out. It may not be politically correct, it may not be nice, it may not be fit for children, animals, and expectant mothers, but make no mistake: IT IS THE TRUTH. At least as seen through my eyes. And the truth is I have nothing to hide. I have no sexual taste, no latent aggression, no prejudice or psychotic bent that I would not openly share. Because I believe in FREEDOM. Not violence, but FREEDOM to express frustration, to hypothesize, to predict, and ultimately to say what’s on my mind. Politicians LIE through their teeth, cheat, steal, slander, and imply sooo much OPENLY but there is no OUTRAGE towards them. I speak only the truth. I do not threaten anyone, I do not throw false accusations or belittle because of my personal views. I just call them as I see them.
And nobody has EVER liked the Referee…
I have even had an associate who is trying to brand me comment that it took her back and for a moment she was frightened that I might be some kind of a nut-job. I assure you, all of you, that I am NOT. I am simply an animal. Like we all are, in opposed to the Disney Belief System that we lived in harmony with the dinosaurs and materialized here as thinking, God-fearing people of Christ. No, children. The beginnings were ugly. And though I have educated myself and have risen above the animal traits in many ways I have kept the animal aggression. I BITE. I also roll over, beg, speak… I’m not good at fetching so don’t ask.
The truth is: You don’t need me. And for all intents and purposes, I don’t need you, either. We CHOOSE to be together here on these pages. We CHOOSE to read, listen, ponder… We are not cattle waiting for the next morsel, the next salt-lick, the next slaughter to define what our lives are all about. No, we are thinking individuals. And you are here for a reason. I’m not your mother, I’m not your priest or Rabbi or Congressman (though if I were, there would be some shit going down, I promise you…), I’m not your significant other or your stylist… I’m more like the lover you run to on the side. I am the voice of REASON that you sneak around and fantasize about. Even when you are lying naked next to your partner glistening from your love-making you still can’t get me out of your mind. That is how strong TRUTH is.
I will not apologize for being who I am. If I gave in and changed my trajectory for the simple reason of pulling in the masses I would be a LIAR, a BLASPHEMER, and would be doing you, my readership, the horrible injustice of screwing you blind. You might love me for it and it might make me rich, but it would be completely empty and false.
So for those who would like a more watered-down version of Cordova, you’re shit out of luck. For those who can see beyond my snarkiness and see the truth in my rantings and even are entertained by them, welcome home. I will do everything in my power not to disappoint or fragment under the auspices of… who? God? I think He gets a kick out of it. If not, I think He would let me know. I am accountable to NOBODY ELSE.
So if you dig it, dig it. If not, then take yet another wonderful data stream out of your life, replace my RSS with another porn site, and be done with it.
But know this, my loves:
I’m not going anywhere…
♠ JC
No comments:
Post a Comment